Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, March 1, 2010

Done for the Week: Still At It

This morning, I woke up at 7, in the belief that I would have time to blog without the pressure of one of the early morning meetings that have plagued my existence, and my writing, of late.  I was wrong!

I forgot that I have an invitation from the city to visit the courthouse, where I will be privileged to sit for hours before presenting my case.  My crime?  Losing the battle with a frozen parking meter on a frigid morning last December.  On the way to an early morning meeting, of course.

So I'm off to see the wizard, as soon as I get out of my pajamas, and assemble my evidence.  Look for an update in next week's "done list."  In the meantime, here's what got done last week.

Done List--Week of Feb. 15-21, 2010
  1. Completed Week 8 of Couch Potato to 5K Training--which means I'm starting my 9th and final week!
  2. Finished The Snake Tattoo, by Linda Barnes; The Story of Avis, by Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
  3. Walked my semi-grateful dog most days, including dog park trip on the occasion of my unanniversary (my husband and I were married on Leap Day)
  4. Took my blood pressure daily
  5. Survived two increasingly hectic part-time jobs for another week
  6. Attended 5 meetings, including 2 back-to-back 5 hr. meetings; scheduled 2 more
  7. Published 5 blog posts
  8. Survived final efforts of gym's freebie personal trainer to kill me
  9. Meditated 2 times
  10. Covered recalcitrant teen's dog-walking job (other dogs)
  11. Helped potty train two-year-old
  12. Won the nap battle, round 2, with same 

No comments:

Post a Comment