Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, March 15, 2010

Done for the Week: The Shortest List Yet

I am still battling the cold/flu/plague-from-hell.  And still feeling guilty for my relative lack of accomplishment.  


My 5K coach/daughter/employer is holding me back from exercise as I struggle not to cough up a lung, while shuffling back and forth between meetings and work assignments.  My voice is halfway back from nonexistent.  And I am trying to believe I will reclaim my health and energy sometime soon.  In the meantime, I am working on acceptance.  


Done List--Week of Mar. 8-Mar. 14
  1. Refrained from 5K Training, like a grown-up, though I wasn't happy about it
  2. Finished Chapters from a Life, by Elizabeth Stuart Phelps; Broken Open:  How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow, by Elizabeth Lesser; The Murder Room, by P.D. James; Understanding Your Grief:  ten essential touchstones for finding hope and healing your heart , by Alan D. Wolfelt  (Reading is one thing I can still do while coughing.)
  3. Cajoled family members into walking my sympathetic dog, three times
  4. Took my blood pressure daily
  5. Survived two part-time jobs while sick
  6. Attended 3 meetings; scheduled 2 more
  7. Published 5 blog posts
  8. Meditated 2 times
  9. Drove my teenager to and from work several times
Not much to show for a week, but resting was something I've been trying to find time for, and something which illness forced me to.  I am not making big plans for this week, since my daughter's work trip means her two-year-old and I will be spending some long days together.  On the top of this week's to do list?  Enjoying that time for the gift it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment