Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Blogging Handoff

Today got away from me.  Too many appointments, meetings and work commitments.  One too many naps in the sun.  Not nearly enough meals.

So tonight, instead of cranking out some drivel to fill this space, I'm going to direct my Put it to Bed readers to this excellent post on the subject of procrastination, "Why Procrastination Is Good for You: 5 Ways to Make it Work", by Lisa Earl McLeod.

And here's why.  Because:

  • It's way better than anything I'm going to write tonight.  Trust me.
  • It takes a position pretty much the opposite of what the experts tell us to do about procrastination, which appeals to my inner Che.
  • I find myself knee-deep in great posts to read, and bowing out on this occasion will make more reading time available for an existing post that deserves attention.  (If my seven regular readers all follow this bread crumb to the post in question.)
  • Of some other reasons I'm too tired to articulate adequately.
Thank you Lisa Earl McLeod, for providing this fortunate "out" for a played out blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment