Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Friday, April 1, 2011

Achievements of a Soon-to-be-Rich-and-Famous

Breaking news!

I am elated to announce that I have just sold my novel--Anything But Quiet on the Western Front--to Doubleday.  The deal specifies publication by Christmas, and a $100,000 advance.  I always knew one day my hard work would pay off, but this is beyond belief!

In an unrelated event, I ran my first ever 8-minute mile yesterday.  At this rate, I should cut last year's triathlon finishing time in half for this year's August race.

All this, and the best good-hair day of my life.

Oh, and yeah, finally getting to show off the handsprings I mastered all those years ago, in preparation for just such a confluence of events.

Sometimes, I guess, the gods really do smile down on us.

And sometimes, it's April Fools Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment