Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Procrastinating 101--Postponed Until Tomorrow




I have been up for 16-1/2 hours.  11-1/2 of those hours were spent travelling to Madison and back and participating in demonstrations there.  Another 3 were spent travelling to my church and back, hammering out a statement opposing our Governor's budget bill and planning a teach-in on the bill.  Another hour was spent catching up on news of the day.

No time and no energy are left to write my intended post today. 

Tomorrow, I will consider what Joseph Ferrari says about how we procrastinators are our own worst enemy.  Tonight, I feel that if this is so, Scott Walker and his cronies are giving our enemy selves a run for our money.  

Actually, they are easily expressing more enmity for my fellow citizens and me than we could possibly summon up against ourselves.  

As I will need my energy for the struggle ahead, I am going to bed now.  Tomorrow--that best friend of the procrastinator--is a good time to do today's other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment