Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, January 18, 2010

Done for the Week: Fourteen Intentionally Unmeasured Steps For...

Keeping to my plan of mapping my progress, and eschewing for the moment the negative focus of To Do lists teeming with unchecked items, I submit the following list of achievements for the past week.  Each Monday, I will post a Done for the Week list, and resist the urge to judge or apologize for their relative merits.  And yes, the "Done for the Week" title is intentionally ironic.  As in, "I wish."  As in "done for."
  1. Finished Sara Paretsky's Windy City Blues; Michael Malone's The Last Noel; Tillie Olsen's Yonnondio
  2. Completed Week 2 of Couch Potato to 5K training--still breathing!
  3. Watched V. I. Warshawski movie--date night with my husband
  4. Rearranged and cleaned family room, with family help
  5. Removed unnecessary furniture, including one particularly large, emotionally laden piece
  6. Began taking blood pressure
  7. Published 5 blog posts
  8. Put Christmas decorations away
  9. Started "purge" of books and magazines
  10. Got photo prints developed for framing, & sending to Mom
  11. Attended one meditation meeting, and three social justice organization meetings
  12. Skipped one church service and one committee meeting (yes, this was an achievement)
  13. Survived 14 hours caring for two-year-old, and enjoyed it
  14. Planned meals for week and shopped
So, I'm making my way.  I am reveling in the sense of movement, though I have no concrete idea of where it may lead.  For some reason, the image comes to mind of my parents' intact condo made inaccessible by Katrina's fury.  And of my sister and her family, months after the storm, chopping a corridor through the mounds of debris--literally, a beaten path to their door.

No comments:

Post a Comment