Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, November 14, 2011

Done for the Week: The Short List













Literally.  A very short list.  One of those weeks again.


Done for the Week:  Nov. 7-13, 2011
  1. Read Separate Beds, by Elizabeth Buchan
  2. Continued to work my two part-time jobs
  3. Published 2 blog posts
  4. Continued significant work on current clients' projects
  5. Continued to give nearly full-time support to my daughter and her family as they coped with early arrival of their baby, and my daughter's continuing health problems
  6. Traveled to Houston on the weekend with my husband to see friends
  7. Saw Andrei Molodkin's Crude installation at The Station Contemporary Art Museum in Houston
  8. Visited Project Row Houses in Houston
  9. Saw Experimental Exhibit at Houston's Watercolor Art Society Museum
  10. Had a delicious dinner at Baba Yega Restaurant in Houston
  11. Did laundry
  12. Packed and unpacked
  13. Continued reading Elizabeth George's A Traitor to Memory aloud with my husband
  14. Finagled financial support for both sons in their separate educational ventures
  15. Took my grandson to his swimming lesson
  16. Meditated three times
  17. Took some time alone during trip with my husband
  18. Ordered room service breakfast

As in previous weeks, helping my daughter and her family deal with the demands and difficulties of her medically complicated postpartum period and the needs of her preemie infant in a Level III NICU miles away was still my most important accomplishment this past week.  Enough said.

Last week's focus goal was to "practice positive, non self-indulgent self-care, in whatever form I can."   I did manage to meditate three times, to spend some time alone while traveling with my husband, and to order room service breakfast.  All good.  However, I did not succeed in maintaining my exercise schedule in the face of the continuing demands of family support.  

I have worked too hard at incorporating regular physical activity into my life, and attaining my current level of fitness, to let my new found athletic life slip away.  So my focus goal for the coming week is to get back to training, and to work out at least three days.  Because I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment