Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, February 8, 2010

Done for the Week: Is It Me or Is This a Little Hyper?














As I look over this lineup of things I accomplished last week, I begin to feel kind of keyed-up.  In the past, this has been a sign that my tendency to zip around is reemerging.  And not necessarily in a good way.  For what it's worth, here's the list:

  1. Completed Week 5 of Couch Potato to 5K Training--including much-feared Day 3!
  2. Finished Ghost Country, by Sara Paretsky; Steel Guitar, by Linda Barnes; 
  3. Walked my grateful dog daily--really!
  4. Took my blood pressure daily
  5. Followed up w/ allergist appointment for teenager, which took 3 hours, and resulted in new asthma diagnosis & more meds
  6. Identified need for leisure & fun
  7. Arranged college visits for offspring
  8. Survived two part-time jobs for another week
  9. Attended one meeting; set up two more; missed one due to miscommunication w/ personal trainer (rescheduled)
  10. Fell asleep while napping toddler
  11. Wrote new poem
  12. Published 6 blog posts
  13. Decluttered kitchen/sunroom
  14. Meditated 3 times 
  15. Attended 2 prayer vigils for homicide victims
  16. Deposited 3 miniscule paychecks, thereby settling small debt to teenager & resuscitating household checking account
  17. Began training in Harry Potter video game, under tutelage of highly skilled teenager; received medals for de-gnoming and dueling, and some wizard cards
  18. Watched first ever Super Bowl out of loyalty to family in New Orleans
  19. Scheduled trip to New Orleans 
  20. Attended church; learned something I didn't know about Unitarian Universalism
  21. Exhumed my novel from its two+ years' computer internment; read through it; didn't hate it
  22. Found iPod, missing library audiobook, strap to heart monitor
So there it is, the ridiculous and sublime account of where my time went over the previous seven days.  It seems, from where I sit, a bit all over the map.  Perhaps I need to sift for frogs?


No comments:

Post a Comment