Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, January 16, 2012

Done for the Week: So Soon Again

Last night's post, which was supposed to be last Monday's, reported on the previous week's achievements.  It's a bit time-warpy, I'll admit, but getting back on track requires this close-upon-the-heels account of the week that ended last night. 

Here's what got done:  (I know, I know.  Passive tense a no-no.)

Done for the Week:  Jan. 9-15, 2012
  1. Consulted physical therapist for injury evaluation
  2. Watched two basketball games, and against my feminist principles part of one football game, with various family members
  3. Continued reading Elizabeth George's A Traitor to Memory aloud with my husband--nearing the end
  4. Read "The Valley of Fear" from The Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes, by Arthur Conan Doyle
  5. Continued to work my two part-time jobs
  6. Published 1 blog post
  7. Continued work on current clients' projects
  8. Spent 6 hours working on recall campaign
  9. Helped with and attended recall celebration
  10. Went out for a drink with recall friends
  11. Attended board meeting
  12. Attended annual prayer breakfast celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
  13. Attended 2 yoga classes
  14. Did laundry 
  15. Called my mother
  16. Continued to support my son in his search for an internship
  17. Took my son out to dinner 
  18. Had lunch and breakfast dates with my husband
  19. Arranged dishwasher repair
  20. Arranged final Christmas celebration, delayed by travel and new baby in the family
  21. Meditated 3 times
  22. Continued setting up new bedroom with my husband
  23. Continued to help my son set up his new bedroom
  24. Continued refurbishing upstairs bathroom, including major cleaning
  25. Cleaned or reorganized upstairs linen closet
  26. Continued major decluttering
The most important thing I accomplished last week was the completion of Phase 2 of a major household shift, involving exchanging bedrooms and bathrooms with my oldest son.   We are reaching the stage where the improvements are beginning to motivate continued progress.  Having the week off from the recently concluded recall process, before beginning to work on voter ID and registration, should free up some time for this ongoing project. 

My focus goal for last week was to make time to continue exercising regularly.  How did I do?  As my son would say, "Epic Fail!"  I did manage to get to yoga class twice, but otherwise succumbed to fatigue, busyness, and an increasingly bothersome foot injury.  The physical therapist I consulted about my foot ordered me to see an orthopedist, which I plan to do this week.  In the meantime, I intend to focus on walking, non-weight-bearing hip strengthening exercises, and swimming, and to make it to the gym three times this week.

And oh, yeah, concentrate on finding more time for Put it to Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment