Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

Monday, January 31, 2011

Done for the Week: Not So Much


Another Monday, but hardly a Pleasant Valley one.  I'm still getting my feet back on the ground after traveling last week, and still waiting for my hearing to recover from flying with a bad cold/sinus infection.  I think my family was happy to see me, though I couldn't tell you exactly what they said when I returned.

I managed to get the following done despite three intense days away.

Done for the Week:  Jan. 24-30
  1. Continued off-season race training, still fighting a bad cold, and traveling; biked twice; ran once
  2. Succeeded in getting husband to gym with me once
  3. Finished Last Puzzle & Testament, by Parnell Hall
  4. Continued providing minimal volunteer support to transitioning nonprofit
  5. Worked my two part-time jobs
  6. Published 3 blog posts; took two days off for training
  7. Attended national Ntosake training for women leaders
  8. Traveled serenely, despite challenges
  9. Wrote 6 Gratitude Journal entries
  10. Wrote 1 Morning Page
  11. Meditated 6 times
  12. Watched our two favorite basketball teams play 4 games, with son and husband
  13. Foraged for food at the grocery store several times
  14. Attended one yoga class
My focus goal for last week was "to practice serenity in the face of change and unfamiliarity.  That will mean getting laundry and packing done ahead, and finalizing travel arrangements, and managing the unexpected with equanimity--while remembering to breathe.  Oh, and remembering to enjoy what there is to enjoy."  I am happy--and amazed--to report that I achieved this goal.  Without qualification.  Not sure how, but I did.  And it's highlighted in green.  And it's written in red, because it was my most important achievement last week.  Hands down.  Now if I could only figure out how to reproduce that state on familiar terrain.

This week's focus goal is to get back to working on my novel.  The weather is threatening to snow us in, which may alter my schedule.  But no matter what, I commit to two writing sessions of two hours each. 

And now, given the late hour, I commit to getting a decent night's sleep, and continuing my quest to rid myself of the cold that's been plaguing me for a couple of weeks.   Buenos noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment