At the risk of being trite, I am putting together this little list of things I accomplished in 2010. I hope it doesn't read like one of those dreaded holiday letters. But frankly, I need the encouragement. For me, 2010 was a year of change, a year in which I got off some dimes, just did it, and put some things to bed. What follows is the B side to yesterday's lament.
Some Stuff I'm Happy I Did in 2010
- Maintained my new blog, meeting all but one deadline, and publishing 264 posts (as of tomorrow).
- Trained for and competed in two 5K races and my first sprint triathlon.
- Finally learned to breathe efficiently while swimming freestyle.
- Loved and supported my kids through some tough times.
- Did my first public poetry reading in many years.
- Revived some old friendships.
- Made significant progress on repairing my house and cars.
- Began a regular yoga practice.
- Faced down my blood pressure phobia for a time, before faltering temporarily.
- Resumed writing Morning Pages.
- Learned some new web skills; designed and maintained new website.
- Worked hard in effort to bring much-needed jobs to my community.
- Wrote 15-1/2 chapters of novel's first draft.
- Finished reading 100 books; still slogging through several; abandoned a few.
- Attended an online meditation retreat, maintained my own meditation practice, and kept my meditation group going.
- Provided significant support to struggling nonprofit, and began learning to say no.
- Survived a difficult year emotionally, holding my own with depression and anxiety.
- Spent lots of time playing with my grandson.
- Made it through most of the 14th year of my 2nd marriage, still friends.
And now, I have some more holiday celebrating to attend to, and my final 2010 post to dream up. My countdown clock has already pronounced this year 100% complete!