Done List--Week of Aug. 9-15
- Finished Week 13 of revised 14-week Sprint Triathlon training plan--1 week to go!
- Attended Open Water Swim Clinic
- Attended Race Simulation
- Made (more) final adjustments to gear, supplies
- Continued to work on improving sleep
- Finished 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith;
- Continued significant support to transitioning nonprofit organization
- Attended Board meeting
- Attended Issues Night meeting
- Worked my two part-time jobs
- Published 5 blog posts
- Meditated 4 times
- Wrote 5 Gratitude Journal entries
- Wrote 4 Morning Pages
- Continued cleaning campaign
- Attended 1 yoga class
- Went out with my husband for Happy Hour twice; continued reading aloud Elizabeth George's In the Presence of the Enemy
- Called my Mom
- Got dog bathed and his nails clipped
Highlighted in green are the by now predictable triathlon-related tasks that I checked off over the previous seven days. For one more week, the triathlon will remain my focus. The test in the weeks to come will be how well I can incorporate some of the discipline and outlook, and just plain continued commitment to exercise, into my "life after tri."
In red is what I regard as last week's most important accomplishment--continuing to meditate in the face of the anxiety storms of the last few weeks, and the busy-ness of my work and volunteer schedule. I hope to improve on this in the coming week, as my training schedule tapers in order to consolidate strength and energy. I am convinced that an ongoing practice of meditation is key to living my life as I want it to be. It is not always easy to make time for sitting, and to respect and defend that time against competing interests. But it is worth doing so.
For now, it's T minus 6 days and counting. . . . Wish me luck!