I am just finishing reading David Letterman's Book of Top Ten Lists and Zesty Lo-Cal Chicken Recipes, a book my comic-in-training son borrowed from the library and I found I couldn't resist on its way to being returned. And seeing as how my posts have been trending to the heavy side of late, I decided to try my hand at Dave's form. So today's topic--
Top 10 Signs You're a Dyed-in-the-Wool, Card-Carrying Procrastinator
10. You write a blog--not just a post here and there, but an entire blog--devoted to the subject of procrastination.
9. You can't remember when you sent a birthday greeting that wasn't belated.
8. You came up with the idea of sending a post-holiday letter to friends and family--and then put that off.
7. You started embroidering a Christmas tree skirt last century, and it's not finished.
6. People keep getting divorced before you've gotten around to sending their wedding gifts.
5. You have a whole section of basement storage devoted to unfinished projects.
4. The shower in your children's bathroom has been disassembled for weeks, while you ponder a solution to the rusted-on and now threadless pipe dilemma.
3. You're on a first-name basis with a bill collector or two, but you keep putting off mailing the checks.
2. Instead of depositing your paycheck, you use it for a bookmark, and then panic when you return the book to the library (late of course).
1. You planned on winning recognition as a "young novelist," but that ship sailed long ago.
So, it's official, I'm a procrastinator. Which is why . . . (see #10).